Monday, May 14, 2018

REVIEW: Barbie Fashionistas #90

I saw this girl on Amazon a few days ago and snatched one up. She's one of the very few of the upcoming lineup that I like. Very few. As in there's really only one other one I like.

She was $9.99 and she seems to be popping in and out of stock. It was really luck that I stumbled on her. Based on the review dates, she's been in stock on and off since early April.




The rainbow dress is cute, though predictably, it's only a front print. On the plus side, I do like the color of the back.

I didn't even bother taking a full shot of her, because they made two dumb decisions: 1) flat feet and 2) flat feet in ugly plain white sneakers.

How do you not do rainbow heels? COME ON.

Not a huge fan of the earrings though. They're fragile and are already getting caught in her hair. As a kid, I would have broken them in less than a week and not by being rough, just by doing something simple like brushing her hair.






I love super dark-skinned dolls like this one. Loved Felicia from Bratz, loved Chandra from So in Style. I think this girl's darker than Chandra. Maybe even Felicia.

She's really stunning.

She's got nice blue eyeshadow, too.




Here's the rest of the lineup from the back of the box.

#87 is the one I really want!




And there's the rest. Not nearly as good as the last batch, in my opinion.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. I wish they had at least *some* articulation. They're Fashionistas, which means they model. You can't really pose them in "model"-type positions. Also, if the Rainbow girl did have some articulation, I might get a couple more of her, bc I love her dark skin. :) Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been an articulation snob, so she's perfectly fine to me. Plus, that would jack up the price and I'd buy far less of them if they cost more.

      Delete
    2. I doubt we'll see them in my area, so I'll have to go online and get her. :) Some Fashionistas like the Boho one are about $15 US, and have some articulation. That seems reasonable to me.

      Delete